The Renewal Seminar offers a pathway for organizations to promote civility and wellness by offering their employees or members an opportunity to increase their awareness of the associated frameworks, development, outcomes, and emerging countermeasures of low morale, which is defined as repeated and protracted exposure to workplace abuse and neglect (Kendrick, 2017).
Through pre-assessments and reflections and on-site participation in targeted discussions, Seminar attendees will be able to:
- Understand the development their low morale experience(s);
- Evaluate the role of Library and Information Science (LIS)-based and workplace barriers to resolving low morale;
- Identify and consider leadership behaviors that decrease low morale in workplace environments; and
- Create and engage with a collegial community to increase best practices in applying workplace civility, honing humane leadership skills, and encouraging self-advocacy.
Seminar customization is available and a variety of topics may be addressed, including:
- Change management
- Emotional labor
- Enabling Systems of low morale
- Informal leadership
- Leadership styles
- Psychological safety in the workplace
- and more.
A 4-hour intensive workshop is also available.